Domestic and foreign visitors will soon have the chance to learn more about Hanoi and its history by joining in activities designed to celebrate of the capital’s forthcoming millennium anniversary.
1. Opening day (October 1)
The opening ceremony will be held by the Hanoi authorities and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism at the Ly Thai To statue, Dinh Tien Hoang road and the space around the Hoan Kiem Lake in the morning of October 1.
- The exhibition of economic and social achievements of Vietnam and Hanoi will open in the afternoon October 1 at the Giang Vo Exhibition Centre.
- The exhibition of literary works of Vietnam through various periods at the Cultural and Art Exhibition Centre, 2 Hoa Lu, Hanoi.
- “The country with Hanoi” special show on the Vietnam Television in the evening of October 1, with the direct participation of many people in different sites in Vietnam and abroad.
- A general cultural and art performance organised by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Hanoi in the evening on October 1. The show will have the contribution of foreign experts.
2. Activities from October 2, 2010
a. Cultural and art activities:
- Cultural exchange festival for ethnic groups in Vietnam to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary in Hanoi
- A week for historical films in Hanoi
- “Thang Long impetus and the song for the country” music show at the Hanoi Opera House
- Performance of selected new songs to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary at the Ba Kieu Temple stage
- Street festival and cultural-art programme of young Hanoians at various places in Hanoi
- The first international festival for young bands in Vietnam at the My Dinh National Convention Hall
b. Tourism activities
- A tourism festival in Hanoi
- An exhibition of antiques, documents and objects about Thang Long – Hanoi in the Thang Long ancient citadel, Hanoi
- Exhibition of ornamental trees and flowers in the Thang Long ancient citadel
- Festival for craft villages in Hanoi
3. Other activities to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary in Hanoi from October 1, 2010
- A special circus show entitled “Hanoi – The city for peace” at Thien Quang Lake, Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc square and the National Circus.
- Music concerts by famous Vietnamese artists at the Hanoi Opera House.
- Performance of ancient dances of Thang Long – Hanoi at the Ly Thai To Flower Garden.
- International music and stage festival with the participation of art troupes from some 1000 year-old cities in the world (around 29 troupes).
- A big concert performed by Vietnamese and foreign orchestras at the Hanoi Opera House.
- A parade and performance by contestants in the Miss World 2010 pageant in Vietnam.
- The national press awards ceremony about 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
- The awards ceremony of the international competition on knowledge about Thang Long – Hanoi, entitled “Hanoi – Your Rendezvous”.
- The awards ceremony of the contest on knowledge of Thang Long – Hanoi for Vietnamese citizens.
- Photo exhibition of Hanoi at 93 Dinh Tien Hoang street and 45 Trang Tien street.
- A calligraphy exhibition and festival at Van Mieu (Temple of Literature).
- Bat Trang ceramic – Tradition and Modernity exhibition on Yen Phu road, Bat Trang village.
- Exhibition of famous battlefields and campaigns in the military history of Vietnam at the Vietnam Military History Museum.
- Exhibition of national heroes and famous scholars of Vietnam at the Revolution Museum.
- Exhibition entitled “Hearts to Thang Long – Hanoi”, which will display products of individuals and organisations presented to Hanoi on the occasion of the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary at the Hanoi Friendship Palace.
- Ancient Thang Long – Hanoi exhibition at the Hanoi Museum.
- Performance of traditional ao dai.
- Hanoi food festival.
- A kite-flying festival.
- The launching ceremony of a collection of books about Thang Long – Hanoi
- The announcement ceremony of a national research work about 1000 years of Thang Long – Hanoi.
Hanoi travel guide